- The Information Cytokinetics Collects
- The Way Cytokinetics Uses Information
- When Cytokinetics Discloses Information
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Children's Privacy
- International Visitors
- In the Event of Merger or Sale
- Third Parties
- Effective Date, Date Last Modified
- Cytokinetics Contact Information
1. The Information Cytokinetics Collects
- Information You Provide: You may provide to Cytokinetics what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, education history, company affiliation, email address, postal mailing address, and telephone numbers) if you use certain services from the Cytokinetics Service or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Cytokinetics Service.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you access the Cytokinetics Service (including through your computer or your mobile device) or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This "automatically collected" information may include Internet protocol address ("IP Address"), a unique user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Cytokinetics Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Cytokinetics Service.
- "Cookies" Information: When you access the Cytokinetics Service, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer. Cytokinetics may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Cytokinetics Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings.
2. The Way Cytokinetics Uses Information
- Cytokinetics uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the various features and services found on the Cytokinetics Service as well as to track content and Users to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- We may use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Cytokinetics Service updates and to send privacy or security related notices.
- Cytokinetics uses the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Cytokinetics Service works and looks and to create new features and functionality.
- Cytokinetics may use "Automatically Collected" information and "Cookies" information to: (a) automatically update the Cytokinetics application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Cytokinetics Service; (c) provide customized content and information; (d) monitor and report aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (e) track your entries, submissions or other activities.
3. When Cytokinetics Discloses Information
- Cytokinetics does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of the Cytokinetics Service becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- Cytokinetics may disclose Automatically Collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage and demographic patterns for certain content, services or other functionality on the Cytokinetics Service.
- We may disclose some limited User information to affiliated companies, contractors or other businesses or persons to: provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; respond to queries; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist Cytokinetics in improving the Cytokinetics Service and creating new services features. We require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Cytokinetics may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright or trademark law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, judicial or other government requirement, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
4. Your Choices and Access to your Personal Information
5. Data Security
Cytokinetics uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Cytokinetics, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Cytokinetics makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
6. Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE CYTOKINETICS SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Cytokinetics does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Cytokinetics learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Cytokinetics Service, then Cytokinetics will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Cytokinetics Service member, then please contact Cytokinetics at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
7. International Visitors
For Users visiting the Cytokinetics Service from the European Union or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into the Cytokinetics Service will be transferred outside the European Union or such other non-U.S. territory for use by Cytokinetics and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because Cytokinetics operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on the Cytokinetics Service, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries.
8. In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that Cytokinetics is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
9. Third Parties
Except as otherwise expressly provided otherwise, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you or that you disclose to us. If you disclose your information to others besides Cytokinetics, whether they are users of the Cytokinetics Service or on other sites or services, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. Cytokinetics does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
11. Effective Date, Date Last Modified
12. Cytokinetics Contact Information